The 2021 Toyota Corolla Hatchback has received some updates for the next model year and a new special edition trim.
Simply called the “Special Edition,” the hatchback gets a new exterior styling package with a body kit and red paint. Only 200 units of the 2021 Toyota Corolla Hatchback Special Edition will be available. The Special Edition builds on the SE trim Corolla with a continuously variable transmission and adds black 18-inch wheels, a front splitter, side skirts, and a black roof spoiler.
Toyota also hinted in its press release that this Special Edition “foreshadows even more excitement still to come in the hatchback segment.” Road & Track reported earlier this year that a hot hatch Corolla is in the works for the 2022 model year and that it will have the same Gazoo Racing (GR) badge that adorns the GR Supra. The magazine reports the 2022 Toyota GR Corolla will be powered by a turbocharged three-cylinder engine that outputs 257 hp and 266 lb-ft of torque and will get a variety of legitimate performance upgrades.
MORE RELATED ARTICLES
- 2021 Toyota Sienna Shakes Up Minivan Segment with Standard Hybrid Power and Available Fridge
- 2021 Toyota Venza Returns with Standard Hybrid Power and AWD
- Toyota's New Safety Feature Stops Unwanted Acceleration
- Toyota's Making Camry and Avalon All-Wheel Drive
- Toyota Corolla Gets New Blacked-Out Trim Package
- Toyota Prices 2020 Corolla Sedan, Corolla Hybrid
- 2020 Toyota Corolla Hybrid Review
- 2020 Toyota Corolla Review
- 2020 Toyota Corolla Hatchback Review
Other updates to all 2021 Toyota Corolla Hatchback models include a new rear seat mounted side airbags (for a total of 10 airbags), and standard rear cross traffic alert and blind spot monitoring on SE trims and above. There are also two new colours available, Wind Chill Pearl and Supersonic Red, which are both available with a contrast black roof.