The 2021 Subaru Crosstrek gets a new Outdoor model equipped with a 2.5-litre four-cylinder engine that outputs 182 hp and 176 lb-ft of torque, an improvement over the regular crossover’s 2.0L engine that has 152 hp and 145 lb-ft of torque. The more powerful engine will be under the hood of the Outdoor and Limited model.
The Outdoor model is also equipped with a new front-facing camera, which should help make parking and entering blind intersections easier and safer. The Crosstrek Outdoor is further differentiated with more aggressive body cladding, dark grey 17-inch wheels, an optional “Plasma Yellow Pearl” paint colour, and gunmetal-coloured accents for the grille, mirror caps, fog light cover accents, and shark fin antenna. Inside, the Outdoor gets yellow stitching and gunmetal accents throughout.
The whole 2021 Subaru Crosstrek lineup has been refreshed with a revised grille and an updated standard (on CVT models) safety suite that now includes lane centering.
Pricing for the 2021 Subaru Crosstrek has not yet been announced.
MORE RELATED ARTICLES
- 2020 Subaru Legacy GT Review
- 2020 Subaru Legacy vs Honda Accord Comparison Test
- Interview: The Passionate Exec Behind the Legacy and Outback and Subaru’s Recent Success
- Subaru Gives 2020 Forester More Standard Tech, Slight Price Hike
- 2020 Subaru Outback vs Subaru Forester, By the Numbers
- 2020 Honda Passport vs Subaru Outback Comparison Test